From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2016 19:59:19 -0400
From: Rowena McKernan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:56:11 +0000

Another example of a living literature collection is Open Modernism
here:  http://openmods.uvic.ca/  (they will give you an instructor
account)

"Open Modernisms is a Creative-Commons-licensed (CC-BY) resource that
allows scholars of modernism to build custom anthologies of
out-of-copyright primary materials. ... the site offers a library of
PDF documents from which users can build an anthology from scratch, by
uploading their own material, or by remixing someone else's work.
Members can add their own notes or materials, and then output
everything to a single PDF file for distribution and/or printing."

It's hard to offer works under copyright that don't have DRM that
would satisfy your criteria.  'Read only' stories from
publisher/author websites may be the closest you get (give the
students a curated list).  We ran a Sci-Fi/Fantasy course that way
(print pack for Public Domain/licensed works and online links for
everything else).

If you want to take a look at it I can send you the URL.

Cheers,
~Ro

Rowena McKernan
Librarian, Instruction/Copyright & OER