From:
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:56:01 -0500
From: "Rais, Shirley (LLU)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:25:20 +0000

Acta Orthopaedica published by Informa Healthcare.  I don't know
anything about its funding.       I'd consider it a traditional, long
standing publication.   In JCR it is ranked #10 out of 65 in the
Orthopedics subject category  (IF=2.736).    Its previous title, Acta
Orthopaedica Scandinavica, is also freely available on the Informa
Healthcare website.    The current title is also available on PMC from
2009 to the present.

Shirley Rais, MLS  -  Chair, Serials & Electronic Resources Dept.
Library Liaison to the School of Public Health
LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY | University Libraries

From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:58:52 -0500

We've been asked the following question:

* Are there any traditional, reputable, high quality journals "out
there" that have been converted from previous subscriber access to
open access?  If so, what are some examples, how did they transition,
and how are they now funded?

One that came to mind was OUP's Progress in Theoretical Physics, which
became Progress in Theoretical and Experimental Physics as of 2013,
sponsored by the Physical Society of Japan.  The SCOAP3 journals will
convert from subscription to APC based in 2014.

Anything else?  There must be lots!

Answers most appreciated.  Cheers, Ann Okerson