From:
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2015 18:52:54 -0400
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 20:59:51 -0500

The difference, of course, was that all of those other efforts were
focused solely on journal publishing, David, and that's the problem.
The CC BY definition does not work so well for monograph publishing,
and that is one reason why I drafted the AAUP's Statement on Open
Access, released in July 2007, viz., to expand the conversation beyond
STM journal publishing.  If the OA community doesn't care about
anything other than journal publishing, then it may well be that CC BY
would suffice.

Sandy Thatcher