From:
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2018 22:23:24 -0400
From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 21:59:41 -0400

FYI via infoDOCKET.

A new blog post from U. of Cambridge Office of Scholarly Communication:
https://unlockingresearch-blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=1943

"This blog post is part of the write-up of an investigation into the
background of people working in scholarly communication, with a
specific focus on skills."

"In late 2016 we conducted a survey to find out more about this issue.
We were slightly overwhelmed by the popularity of the survey which
gathered over 500 responses from people who self-identified as working
in scholarly communication which we defined as:

The process by which academics, scholars and researchers share and
publish their research findings with the wider academic community and
beyond. This includes, but is not limited to, areas such as open
access and open data, copyright, institutional repositories and
research data management."

You can read a summary of some of the findings from this research here

but we wanted to delve a little deeper and look at which skills
scholarly communication staff felt they needed and how they developed
them. This blog post looks at that question.

https://unlockingresearch-blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=1943

See Also:

Where did they come from? Educational background of people in
scholarly communication (March 9, 2017)
https://unlockingresearch-blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=1313

__gary

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Co-Founder and Editor, Library Journal's infoDOCKET
Information Industry Analyst
Librarian

http://infoDOCKET.com
@infodocket