From:
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:11:32 -0400
From: Ari Belenkiy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 01:09:35 -0700

Michael Clarke might have misfired here. Certainly, after comparing
two situations, we may see the difference.

Bohannon claims to introduce a clear-unambiguous-mistaken statement.
(True, I would like to know more of this statement - anyone is ready
to comment? Eisen's blog says: "His hoax paper claimed that a
particular molecule slowed the growth of cancer cells, and it was
riddled with obvious errors and contradictions." What are they?)

The retracted papers obviously cannot possibly have such an "obvious
blunder". Usually, the authors only belatedly understand that they
violated protocol or could not repeat an experiment with the second
set of data.

(Again I would like to hear more about the given reason for retraction
from Stem Cells. I would also like to hear what Science's reviewers
actually said about Eisen's paper).

Ari Belenkiy

SFU
Canada