From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2016 22:41:50 -0500
From: Linda Wobbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 17:10:23 -0800

Hi Steve,

Our emeritus faculty have all the rights and privileges of other
faculty, and as such, are considered "current faculty" at our
institution.  Most licenses describe authorized users as being
"affiliated with the institution" or "valid ID holders" or some such.
Emeritus faculty as opposed to retired faculty in general seem to me
to meet that criteria.  They must be nominated by their departments,
meet requirements such as at least 10 years of service and hold "Full
Professor" status.  They are approved through a lengthy process.  We
have only a handful - less than 1 per department on average.  Once
approved they are listed in the college catalog with their
departments.  They have access to all library services, and are not
distinguished from other faculty when we count our FTE faculty when
that is requested for licensing purposes.  You could alter your
license agreements to include faculty emeritus if you wish, but we
consider them "faculty" and generally don't alter agreements to
specifically include them.

...Linda Wobbe

--
Linda Wobbe