From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2012 18:57:00 -0500
From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 18:47:01 -0500

Andrea Beneventi, Research Analyst at Cheuvreux Credit Agricole Group,
has released a "flash note"  today, focusing in particular on an
interview with Jan Velterop.  The introduction reads:

"We met last week with Jan Velterop, the creator of the "Big Deals"
pricing model and former head of Open Access at Springer, one of the
most advanced commercial open access publishers.  Over the
short/medium term, Mr. Velterop's view confirms our positive stance on
the higher resilience of Elsevier's business model.  Over the longer
term, we believe that author-wide-paid OA will gain momentum and
become an additional growth driver.

Topics covered inlcude:

* Big Deals: size is still a positive

* "long Tail," low usage journals are indeed useful

* Future [growth] is in author-side-paid open access

* Our take: ST trends secured; opportunities from gold OA

For more information, contact:  [log in to unmask]

####