From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2013 19:29:11 -0400
From: David Groenewegen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:17:03 +1000

Good questions.

(1) It is not actually a press - it is designed to  "collaborate on
cutting production and marketing costs" across a range of university
presses already existing (Monash University, my employers, have an
excellent one -  http://publishing.monash.edu/). See here for more:
<http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/labors-12m-a-page-turner-for-shared-press/story-e6frgcjx-1226710011106>
<http://au.artshub.com/au/news-article/news/publishing-and-writing/labor-presents-next-page-in-publishing-196526>

(2) I think he is meaning that it will expose more research by making
it available, but not necessarily Open Access - again, to use the
Monash example, we have both open access and "traditionally" published
monographs, and so there will be a mix.

It's worth noting that we have election this weekend - so this plan
may change next week.

David

--
David Groenewegen