From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2014 00:26:11 -0400
From: Bonnie Zavon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 14:46:06 -0700

Anthony, Joe. Loving the speculation. We do live in interesting times.

Rest assured, HighWire is determined to stay focused on the mission of
seeing scholarly communication thrive.  Just because we have become
independent, and have some funds at our disposal, doesn't mean that
our guiding principles will change.  We will continue to embrace our
community and keep our highly successful publishers' meetings running.

As you can imagine, at various times in HighWire's 19(!) years in
business, there has been "interest" from outsiders.  As founder and
publisher of HighWire, Micheal Keller went to great lengths to ensure
that if an organizational change was to occur, that it would be done
so only if a partner could be found who truly believed in HighWire's
original mission.

We are confident that Accel-KKR is the right partner, at the right
time.  They have invested in HighWire because of their fundamental
belief in our customer-centered business model:  both how we do
business and our approaches toward evidence-based tech solutions .
They will support us with fresh resources and networking opportunities
in order to help us continue the rate of innovation and advances that
HighWire has become known for.

Feel free to contact me directly with any further questions.

- Bonnie

--
Bonnie Zavon
Public Relations