From:
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2017 18:14:05 -0400
From: Catherine Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, May 5, 2017 at 7:22 AM

**with apologies for cross-posting**

Dear Colleagues,

We're excited to announce that the altmetrics conference is back for
another year!

This time we've partnered with The Social Media Lab at Ryerson
University to host the event in Toronto on the 27th and 28th of
September. Join us for some great discussions and presentations on all
things altmetrics!

As with previous years, the altmetrics workshop will take place the
day before (on the 26th), and a hack day which is open to all will be
run on Friday 29th. More information on those will be available
shortly.

Registration for the main conference can be found here: http://bit.ly/2pgi0rp

And our call for posters and presentations is now open - we're looking
for bloggers, speakers and session proposals on the following topics:

- Recent Developments in Altmetrics
- Altmetrics in Research Evaluation
- How to Use and Interpret Altmetrics (putting metrics into context)
- Altmetrics for Books
- Novel and Experimental Uses of Altmetrics
- Societal Impacts of Using Altmetrics
- Altmetrics Aggregation - to the Researcher, Journal or Publisher
Level - Good or Bad?
- Blogger's Panel
- Value of Connected Research Systems: the Importance of the
Underlying Data and the Impact of Open Access

Submit your proposals here by the 31st of May: http://bit.ly/2pcZCih

Please visit http://altmetricsconference.com/ for more information and
to book your place - we hope to see you there!

Kind regards,
Cat and the 4:AM organising committee