From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:44:27 -0400
From: Peter Brantley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:25 AM

The Monterey Institute for Technology and Education (MITE),
Hypothes.is, and Lumen Learning, with the support of the Hewlett
Foundation, are hosting a 2-day workshop in June 9-10 in Berkeley
California, to discuss measures of enhancing open education through
annotation.

Please help me spread the word of this summit, which is the first
of its kind.

More information here:

http://oerannotation.wordpress.com/oer-annotation-summit-2014/

"This meeting is one of a series planned to explore opportunities and
barriers to fostering greater collaboration in solving shared
technology challenges for open education (OER) projects. This
particular meeting will focus on annotation and metadata challenges
and solutions for OER, especially with an eye toward integrating tools
that allow for more distributed and participatory mark-up. Questions
about metadata standards, protocols, and presumed benefits, as well as
associated tools for facilitating search, discovery, and engagement,
have been a significant part of the discourse around OER for years;
however, we believe we may now have the necessary elements (and not
just technologies) and distributed support to turn a corner on this
front."

#end