From:
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:00:04 -0400
From: "Peterson-Lugo, Billie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:07:20 +0000

At our institution if the student was enrolled in the spring and is
enrolled for the fall, they can have access to the resources during
the summer.  They can also have access during the summer if they are
registered for either one of the summer sessions.  In the past, we had
students who were doing research during the summer and were unable to
access the resources they needed to do the research.  Likewise, we
would have students participating in an abroad program 2nd summer
session and were supposed to do research in 1st summer session and
didn't have access to resources.  It also helps with grad students who
don't happen to be registered for thesis hours during the summer but
are still doing their thesis research.  Of course, all of this is
dependent on students taking care of their fall registration in the
spring!!  I believe the university's IT staff set some kind of
registration flags (speaking from a very non-technical perspective) in
Banner that allows us to do this. --brp

Billie Peterson

Sent from my iPad