From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 18:49:03 -0400
From: Houeida Charara <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 09:06:24 +0000

Hi All:

We are subscribing to the core online journals from publisher X and
renewing our subscription regularly. Last year we purchased their deep
backfiles. I was surprised to receive this year an invoice in which
they requested the payment of hosting fees; and when I asked them to
waive the said fees since we are paying for the platform to access our
journals (as a common practice) they sent me the following answer:

“Unfortunately, the publisher did not accept to remove the hosting
fees for X Deep Backfile. In order to maintain access to purchased
backfile content, I am afraid you will need to pay the hosting fee GBP
£450.00”.

Did you face a similar case? If yes did you accept to pay the hosting fees?

Best regards,

HKC

Houeida Kammourié-Charara, D.F.A.P., MScEcon
InfoCommons Librarian
Library Liaison Communication Arts