From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:51:20 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:59:18 +0100

I am interested in this comment. CCC is owned by rightsholders. At least I
think it is. I cannot find a statement on the site but I can find a
statement that it is a non-profit organisation. Maybe someone could confirm.
Some of these rightsholders are for-profit companies and some are for-profit
authors but some of the publishers are not-for-profit and I bet a lot of the
rights holding authors do not make a profit but that may not be deliberate.
I am not aware of the definition of a for-profit organisation in US law. I
do know that many librarians consider that anyone who sells them anything is
commercial.

Anthony