From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 18:50:53 -0400
From: Kim Smilay <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 08:38:16 -0400

The CLOCKSS Archive is pleased to announce the participation of the
Finnish Society of Forest Science; Mark Allen Group and
IUScholarWorks.

Full announcements can be found at http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News

----

Finnish Society of Forest Science

     The Finnish Society of Forest Science was founded in 1909 to
promote research in forest and wood science in Finland. The Society is
a network of researchers and it strives to enhance the links between
researchers and practical foresters and promote public interest in
forest research.

     Finnish Society of Forest Science started science publishing in
1913 by establishing the journal Acta Forestalia Fennica. Its first
issue contained two monograph-style research reports written in
German. During the early years, the publications of the Society were
commonly edited in Finnish or German but some papers appeared in
English or French. Silva Fennica was established in 1926 for
publishing ”short” research reports, i.e. articles written in the
concise style of today’s research articles. The Finnish Society of
Forest Science started publishing cooperation with the Finnish Forest
Research Institute in 1994 and English became the only publishing
language of Silva Fennica. The same year, online publication of the
abstracts began. Open access publication of whole text articles in the
Internet began in 1998. Thus, Silva Fennica was among the first
international scientific journals to go online. In 2000, Acta
Forestalia Fennica merged with Silva Fennica because submission of
monographs almost ceased.

Silva Fennica has established reputation as one of leading forest
science journals of the world. The 100th year of forest science
publishing by the Finnish Society of Forest Science, 2013, brings
another important change for Silva Fennica because it goes online
only. Open access publishing will continue.
http://www.metsatieteellinenseura.fi/english

---

Mark Allen Group

     Ben Allen, Chief Executive of Mark Allen Group, said “We are
delighted to join the CLOCKSS Archive and to guarantee that our
content with be preserved for future generations of researchers.  As a
company, we are committed to support the scholarly community by
continuing to enhance our offering and service.  In addition to our
partnership with CLOCKSS, in autumn 2013 we will be migrating our
healthcare and education content onto Atypon’s Literatum platform to
provide a best-of-breed scholarly solution to better serve our
readers.”

     The Mark Allen Group is a progressive media business, which
publishes leading healthcare titles including, British Journal of
Nursing, Journal of Wound Care, British Journal of Community Nursing
and International Journal of Palliative Nursing; as well as
established publications including, Nursery World, Early Years
Education and Primary Teacher Update for the education sector.
http://www.markallengroup.com

---

IUScholarWorks

     Of this development Brenda L. Johnson, Ruth Lilly Dean of Indiana
University Libraries, says, “IU has been involved with the CLOCKSS
Archive from the outset, in our role as one of the original 6
participating libraries and as an archival node.  The addition of
IUScholarWorks ejournals to the CLOCKSS Archive represents our
continuing commitment to improving accessibility and strengthening
long-term digital preservation, both of which are deeply connected to
the Libraries’ mission to support and enhance education and research
at IU.”

     IUScholarWorks is a service of the IU Libraries with additional
technology support from University Information Technology Services to
make the work of IU scholars freely available and ensures that these
resources are preserved and organized for the future.
https://scholarworks.iu.edu

---

About CLOCKSS:

   The CLOCKSS (Controlled LOCKSS) Archive is a not-for-profit joint
venture between the world's leading scholarly publishers and research
libraries whose mission is to build a sustainable, geographically
distributed dark archive with which to ensure the long-term survival
of Web-based scholarly publications for the benefit of the greater
global research community.  http://www.clockss.org

Randy S. Kiefer, Executive Director
Kim Smilay, Director, Publisher Relations
The CLOCKSS Archive