From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:02:28 -0500
From: Wilhelmina Randtke <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:52:27 -0500

Oh, oh, oh, version control.  VERSION CONTROL.  This is so huge in
government documents (the only thing I work with), and almost no one
doing publishing platforms seems aware of it.

What's great about a version of record is there is only one version,
and you don't have to be paranoid and check which one you are dealing
with.

For people working with IRs, how often is there a revision?  I would
imagine it's rare, but some way to track version control would nail
down prevalence (and discourage changes, because tracking can get
cumbersome fast).

-Wilhelmina Randtke