From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:03:51 -0500
From: "Tom O'Hare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:36:31 -0500

Hi John,

It sounds like they're allowing scholarly sharing and attempting to
delineate exactly what that is.

Scholarly sharing is, itself, kind of a complicated issue. Users from
other institutions aren't allowed to access all of your EBSCO
resources willy-nilly, though they would be able to access individual
items on a case by case basis. The library has to keep its hands off
of it, though, lest it violates ILL policies elsewhere in the
agreement (and in the section you quoted).

I am not a lawyer and my interpretation isn't gospel, but I have
written and read my fair share of license agreements. That's my best
guess as to what EBSCO is going for in that clause.

Hope this is a little bit helpful,

Tom
(Formerly of T&F and Springer)