From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 07:44:20 -0400
From: "Lars Bjørnshauge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 07:04:54 +0200

Joe,

Beall did not initiate this process!

The work on new inclusion criteria for journals to be listed in the
DOAJ started december 2012:

http://doajournals.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/proactive-not-reactive/.

The issue is not only, far from only, business ethics - it is about
re-use rights, openness, peer-review, archiving, etc - check the
application form - http://doaj.org/application/new

You might be interested in a recent presentation about the
developments around DOAJ -

http://www.slideshare.net/ASSAf_Official/motivating-and-helping-publishers-towards-best-practice-the-new-criteria-for-inclusion-in-the-directory-of-open-access-journals-doaj?qid=a154958d-2d42-4399-97b9-c2a0a3bedba3&v=default&b=&from_search=4

 - and one about questionable publishing -

http://www.slideshare.net/doaj/lars-nsef-meeting-cape-town-july-30th-2014?qid=30a7edea-6984-4232-9e87-58ba7a3404f6&v=default&b=&from_search=7

The questional publishers on the black list are in fact completely
marginal in terms of volume of article published.and if only
researchers would think and check even for 5 mins, and use some of the
checklists that are available, the questionable publishers would be
completely out of business.

Lars Bjørnshauge

Managing Director DOAJ
mobile phone: +45 53 51 06 03
Skype-Id: lbj-lub0603
Twitter: elbjoern0603
 e.mail: [log in to unmask] - [log in to unmask]