From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2015 19:00:42 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 20:16:59 -0600

Whatever the copyright status of the work as "edited" by Otto Frank
may be, there can be no question that the contents of the diary itself
will fall into the public domain.  After all, Frank cannot claim that
he did the actual writing of the diary! So the only thing that the
copyright can possibly continue protecting is the edited version.
Anyone can publish a facsimile or transcript edition of the diary
itself.  And presumably the web version could use that text for what
it wants to do.

Sandy Thatcher