From:
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 19:28:14 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 09:17:56 +0100

I find this very odd:

"And publisher won't do it.  Simply because, if the publisher allows that
option, then they have to reduce the charge.  If they reduce the charge,
then they run the risk of reducing their profits"

Very few publisher/association partnerships work on a commission basis which
the word "charge" seems to suggest. I have not worked with any since the
1980s and would never advise it to societies I have represented. The two
common financial arrangements are a royalty to the society (in which case
the publisher will want to save money) and a share of profits (in which both
the society and the publisher will want to save money)

Anthony