From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:37:08 -0400
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:13:19 +0000

Hi Here's a press release, nonetheless a couple of the comments might
interest the List's readers.

Best wishes
Bill Hughes
Multi-Science Publishing

*******

PRESS RELEASE
11 March 2013-03-11

Journal of Healthcare Engineering accepted into MEDLINE

Multi-Science Publishing Co Ltd is pleased to announce that its title,
Journal of Healthcare Engineering
has been accepted for inclusion into MEDLINE.

Commented Director Bill Hughes, “We are pleased that this journal, now
just beginning its fourth volume, has been so soon accepted by
MEDLINE. This is, I believe, a reflection of the exceptionally high
standards the editor, Professor Chyu of Texas Tech University, has
been able to maintain. And that he has been able to be so selective
about what he chooses to include itself demonstrates the need for this
journal to have been called into existence. In scholarly publishing,
as in so many other activities, small independent organisations are
far better at spotting market gaps – or imperfections – and doing
something about them, than are the market’s behemoths.

Some three quarters of our journals are now in one or more of ISI,
Scopus and MEDLINE. To a degree, this is a pleasing validation of our
work. But what is more interesting has been the noticeable increase,
over the last decade,  in the willingness of organisations of this
sort to recognise the existence of small publishers; to acknowledge
that while much of their output is necessarily niche, it is not
without intrinsic value: that, in effect, there is more to ‘worth’
than can be captured by the crudeness of an Impact Factor”.

More information

Bill Hughes +44 1277 224632
www.multi-science.co.uk