From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2016 18:54:54 -0500
From: Ian Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 15:10:48 +0000

I replied privately to Terry Ann that we always strive for any
mentions of copyright, governing law, jurisdiction, etc. reflect our
local laws/courts. IMO requesting those changes should be standard
practice for any org licensing materials published/produced elsewhere
- unless you have cheap, easy access to expertise to fight court cases
in other jurisdictions let the vendor assume the risk. In my
experience, most vendors are willing to assume that risk with very
little haggling.

Ian Gibson, MISt
Acting Head, Collections Services
Brock University | James A. Gibson Library
Niagara Region  |  1812 Isaac Brock Way  |  St. Catharines, Ontario,
Canada  L2S 3A1
E [log in to unmask] | T  905 688 5550  x6223  | @IanGibson11