From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:39:34 -0500
From: "Hamaker, Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:15:36 +0000

Alicia I think you are missing the point. Elsevier copyright practices
and author license files if they are no better or worse than anyone
else's in the industry can't support widespread takedown notices with
final and definitive proof of copyright ownership.  But the penalties
if you claim ownership I.e. Takedown rights absent proof are about
non-existent, if I understand the DMC correctly.

Regards
Chuck Hamaker
UN Charlotte