From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:40:33 -0400
From: Kristen Garlock <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:25:41 -0400

Apologies for cross posting….

A more mobile JSTOR

We are happy to announce improvements to using JSTOR on a mobile
device. Rather than a device-specific app or a separate mobile site,
we've used responsive design to implement an under-the-hood overhaul
that enables the JSTOR interface to adapt to the screen size of a
device, automatically.

In responsive design, areas of the pages on the site are reflowed,
moved, or hidden to present a simpler but fully functional experience
for researchers. Via their mobile device, researchers may now use the
Institution Finder (more details below) to log in from remote
locations, complete advanced searches, save and manage citations and
alerts, and access full-text content - no matter whether they are in
the field or on a bus.

The new mobile design works well on a wide variety of mobile phones
and tablets. Give it a spin! Visit www.jstor.org on your mobile
device.

Streamlining remote access

Have you tried the Institution Finder yet? This tool gives users who
have not yet logged in to JSTOR the ability to locate their
institution from a list on the JSTOR website, log in to their host
institution, and be returned to the page they started on at JSTOR. Our
aim is to smooth authentication for the growing number of end users
who are coming directly to JSTOR, from a variety of places such as
Google, Google Scholar, and Wikipedia.

The Institution Finder integrates with Shibboleth, EZProxy, and
Innovative Interface's WAM proxy. To provide us with your
institution's proxy information so that we may include it in the
Institution Finder, please contact [log in to unmask]

To see the Institution Finder in action, visit the Login page, or
watch a one-minute video (http://about.jstor.org/video-tutorials).

Kristen Garlock
Associate Director, Education & Outreach – JSTOR
Contact us for more information: [log in to unmask]