From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 20:05:08 -0400
From: Eric Hellman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 19:12:43 -0400

Toby Green's comment draws a conclusion that may propagate an
incorrect understanding of CC-BY.

In fact, the same situation could have occurred for CC-BY-SA and
CC-BY-ND, as all the CC licenses allow for format conversion, even bad
format conversion. Without this provision, the book would be doomed to
go dark when PDF or whatever becomes obsolete.

Also, what OECD should have done is put the book into a good Kindle
Edition themselves. To tell the authors that nothing could be done was
a disservice.

Eric

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar.Inc.