From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2012 22:10:05 -0500
From: Curtis Lavery <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 20:39:37 +0000

At the California Digital Library we have included provision for
content mining in our model license and discussions since 2008, and
have successfully negotiated this with a handful of vendors.  We
include this as part of each discussion:

Text Mining. Authorized Users may use the licensed material to perform
and engage in text mining /data mining activities for legitimate
academic research and other educational purposes.

Our standard license agreement may be viewed at:
www.cdlib.org/gateways/vendors/guidelines_licensing.html

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]

With best wishes,

Curtis Lavery

Licensing Manager
California Digital Library