From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:45:34 -0500
From: Richard Gottlieb <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:37:20 -0500

What am I missing here?

If the library purchases a printed copy of Catcher In The Rye, and an
instructor would like to have his class all read it, you are saying
that the library, either can make the full text available
electronically (without purchasing a multi-user e-book), or
print/Xerox/duplicate forty copies for a course pack?

Without benefit to the publisher or the author (or author's estate)?

And it is somehow wrong or greedy for HBR to require permission and
perhaps compensation?

Richard Gottlieb