From:
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2014 20:21:44 -0400
From: "Seger, Rebecca" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 17:19:54 -0400

Passing along information about two important changes to Oxford
Scholarship Online announced today that would be of interest to the
academic library community:

May 27, 2014 --- Oxford University Press is pleased to announce two
significant enhancements to Oxford Scholarship Online. Effective
immediately, all books can now be purchased individually, on a title
by title basis, by institutions worldwide.  Secondly, vastly improving
the speed to market of the digital version, we are now releasing new
titles on the platform 10 months a year, up from 3 times a year.

This new purchase model allows increased flexibility for gaining
access to Oxford’s scholarly monographs and enables libraries and
institutions to build their own customizable collections. Customers
will now be able to purchase individual titles from the complete
database of over 10,000 OUP academic titles spanning 20 different
subject areas, covering the humanities, social sciences, medicine, and
law. This title-by-title purchasing model nicely compliments the very
successful collection model which offers unlimited access, and
purchased by over 1,000 libraries around the globe.  In response to
the differing needs for specific titles, and to give the most
flexibility our customers require, the individual books may be
purchased at single, three, or unlimited user access models.

Oxford Scholarship Online is also publishing titles more regularly –
now 10 times a year – allowing users access to Oxford’s online
scholarly publishing quicker than ever before. This will bring the
print and online publication dates in much closer alignment, which
will also allow for better integration with approval plans.

Rebecca Seger, Director of Institutional Sales for OUP, says “These
two enhancements are significant milestones in the evolution of Oxford
Scholarship Online. Librarians have voiced their very clear desire to
have both developments, which help streamline their acquisitions
process – and we have listened. Our goal is to make it simple to order
and manage Oxford Scholarship Online purchases, and this should be a
vast improvement for our customers.”   In addition to purchasing the
titles directly from OUP,  as well as being completely integrated into
purchasing through YBP Library Services and GOBI3.

For further information, please contact your OUP Library Sales
Representative, or email to: [log in to unmask]

About Oxford Scholarship Online

One of the leading academic research resources in the world, Oxford
Scholarship Online is a vast and continually-expanding research
library now offering over 10,000 titles, and updated with over 1,000
additional OUP monograph titles annually.

Rebecca Seger
Director, Institutional Sales, Americas
Oxford University Press
198 Madison Avenue