From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:34:42 -0500
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:36:11 -0800

This subject is near and dear to my heart, as I am one of those people
who cannot easily get access to a research library collection.  I
ranted about this a couple years ago on the Scholarly Kitchen
(http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2009/12/01/a-library-card-under-the-christmas-tree/),
and had many people attempt to help out with the problem.  But it's a
hard problem, as few licenses are structured this way.

This space is perhaps best filled by the rental program of DeepDyve.
I have a bias here, as I am a longtime advisor to the company.  The
aim of that program is to provide access at a modest price to people
who are without academic affiliation.  Perhaps this is where the
alumni should be pointed.

Joe Esposito