From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:07:40 -0500
From: Jean-Claude Guédon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:16:27 -0500

I fully agree with Sandy Thatcher on this point, and have long argued
that it was important because, in the humanities and social sciences,
the book remains the main currency of intellectual exchange.

The only reason I have found so far is the apparent fear, among some
Green OA advocates that this would loosen the focus needed to succeed.
I have argued against this that it also alienates many HSS scholars
when they begin to feel that OA applies only to STM fields.

Jean-Claude Guédon