From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2017 19:11:55 -0400
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 01:21:57 -0500

Actions publishers can take do not stop with the US court system.
Through the annual reporting of the US Trade Representative's Special
301 process, evidence that US-owned IP is being violated in foreign
countries can lead to trade sanctions against those countries:
https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-offices/press-office/press-releases/2017/april/ustr-releases-2017-special-301-report
This is a tool that could be used to pressure Kazakstan to shut down
Sci-Hub and Lib-Gen.

Sandy Thatcher