From:
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2015 13:43:38 -0400
From: leo waaijers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 19:06:54 +0200

Let me add to the discussion a quotation from a, for me, unexpected corner.

“We do firmly believe a benefit of open access is the transparency in
the cost of publishing, which enables authors to see up front what
each journal charges and make an informed decision based on the
service the journal offers.”

Said Carrie Calder, Strategy Director of the Nature Publishing Group,
in an email exchange with  Christian Gutknecht, the Swiss who is
succesfully fighting the non-disclosure clauses in the big deal
publishing contracts of academic libraries. Yes, I have Nature’s
permission to quote this publicly. Not sure if Derk Haank knows this
:-). Anyway, this is exactly where Quality Open Access Market is
aiming at.

Leo.