From:
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2017 22:54:04 -0400
From: Byron Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 08:11:59 +0000

Ingenta have been committed to serving the scholarly community with
best services and best practice for two decades. As part of this
commitment we consult ongoing with a wide and varied range of
stakeholders from publishers to librarians, standards developers and
interested parties. This process led to the development of Ingenta
Connect and Ingenta Open, our new project for OA content, and most
recently the Library Membership Service. As part of any service
development and launch process there are always unforeseen effects,
which is why Ingenta have continued to actively seek feedback through
the launch period and early days of implementation of the service.

Based on feedback received, and discussions with our friends at JISC
and OpenAthens, Ingenta have decided to reinstate free use of
Shibboleth and Open Athens to registered institutions using the
Ingenta Connect service. Both services should once again be in place
by the first week in June 2017. This does not affect the other
benefits of the service, including unlimited alerting and cost savings
on the Ingenta Connect home page institutional / course advertising.
Ingenta continues to work hard to provide products and services
reflecting best practice and value to our customers and the community
as a whole.

Mark Williams, JISC’s UK Access Management Federation Manager, said
“Through some very positive engagement with Ingenta, I’m pleased to
see that the means of access to Ingenta resources via Shibboleth (and
Open Athens) will be free at the point of use for UK federation
members. It’s very encouraging to hear how important resource
providers such as Ingenta consider federated access to be and that
federated Single Sign On, any time, anywhere, will continue as the
baseline of what we expect modern resource access to be for the end
user.”

Jon Bentley, Commercial Director, OpenAthens, commented “Successful
federated single sign on is built on collaboration and co-operation.
By listening and engaging with their customers Ingenta are supporting
the library community in maintaining streamlined, secure access for
end users. We can all work together to improve single sign on out into
the future.”

Byron Russell
Head of Ingenta Connect
Ingest