From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 17:14:21 -0500
From: "Karl F. Bridges" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:12:06 -0500

This is a call for chapter proposals for a book titled "Customer
Based Collection Development: An Overview" to be published by ALA
Editions.

The idea of patron driven collection development is one that is
gaining traction in the library community. The intention of this
edited book is to provide an overview of the subject discussing both
the practical and professional implications of this service model for
libraries.

Contributors will be asked to produce a 10 to 15 page ORIGINAL
article or case study on this topic.  Unfortunately, I am not able to
republish existing materials.  The final copy would be due to the
editor on April 1 2013.

I have 20 years experience in academic libraries as a reference
librarian working with public services, collection development, and
technology. I have extensive experience as a professional writer and
editor in the library literature.

A more detailed description of this project and guidelines for
proposal submission is available at
http://patrondrivencollections.tumblr.com/  The deadline for
submission of proposals is 15 February 2012.  Any questions can be
emailed to [log in to unmask]

This is going to be an interesting and exciting project.  I look
forward to some very good proposals.

Karl Bridges/ Information & Instruction Services/
Bailey/Howe Library - University of Vermont
538 Main Street/ Burlington VT 05405-0036
(802)656-8132
(personal email to [log in to unmask] please)