From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:48:23 -0500
From: Ken Masters <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:53:56 +0400

Hi All

Yes, Ghostery is an extremely useful tool; it's what I used in my
research (and what I used to find out that the LibLicense page was
using Google Analytics).

Another useful Firefox plugin is "TrackMeNot".  This is for users who
are concerned that sites are happily tracking their searches on search
engines.  TrackMeNot is a very simple plug-in that just  repeatedly
runs random searches in the background, using different search engines
(you can change settings as you wish).  This means that you generate
so much noise that, when you do actually conduct a search, your search
pattern is hidden in the noise and can't be identified by anyone
tracking you.

Regards

Ken

------