From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2012 23:08:37 -0500
From: Stevan Harnad <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 23:57:56 -0500

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM, LIBLICENSE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> From: Sally Morris <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:34:27 +0000
>
> Sandy, I don't think you're quite right as far as journal reviewers are
> concerned (it's different, in my experience, for books)
>
> Larger journals often keep a database of reviewers, coded by their
> expertise, and tracked according to their record and current workload

The issue is not whether a journal has a coded database of reviewers;
it is how the reviewers are selected:

"Please support us in our efforts. We need submissions and we need
volunteers to review them in their areas of expertise. Both can be
done by registering with Social Sciences Directory as a User."
http://www.socialsciencesdirectory.com/index.php/socscidir/article/view/32/69

This sounds more like crowdsourcing than the selection of qualified
peers by qualified peers.

Stevan Harnad