From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 19:36:19 -0400
From: Richard Gedye <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:58:05 +0100

In October last year, the STM Library Relations Group organised a
webinar (http://bit.ly/15YmBx3) on accessing academic content via
mobile devices. Three speakers – a university librarian, a technology
provider, and a scientific publisher – provided insights into current
issues and likely future developments.

Over 400 individuals participated in the webinar and judging by the
feedback we received afterwards  the webinar seems to have been much
appreciated:-

" I've just completed a project exploring the difficulties of
discovering academic content on mobile devices, so this is an area I
feel I know well, but I still learnt a lot and felt reassured that our
thinking about how to move forward is similar to that of the 3
presenters.”

“The content was rich and presented clearly. Best webinar of the year!”

“I am amazed at the quality of the presentations in terms of content,
scope of knowledge, and the incredibly well balanced speakers.  Even
the responses to the questions were even-handed.”

“This was the most engaging and useful webinar about m-library
provision I've ever attended”.

“Outstanding!!!!!  I wish I'd known in advance how good this was going
to be.  I'd have had all of my School of Information interns attend.”

“Was the program recorded?  will slides be made available.  I hope
so...I would like some others in my organization to see this.”

If you missed this webinar and will be attending this year’s UKSG
conference in Bournemouth (April 8-10) you are invited to attend an
open meeting on the Monday evening where we will review what we learnt
in the webinar and will invite you to share your own experiences, ask
questions, and seek advice.

Here are the details:-

Event title: Accessing academic content via mobile devices

Date/time: Monday 8 April, 17.30-18.30

Location: Bayview Suite 2 (on the first floor of the UKSG conference venue)

which will review what we learnt from our recent webinar on mobile
technology and will invite attendees to share their own experiences,
ask questions, and seek advice.

Attendance policy: all welcome

Contact details for more information: Richard Gedye, Director of
Outreach Programmes, STM, [log in to unmask]