From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 2015 19:20:33 -0400
From: Nancy Maron <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 13:45:51 -0400

I hope this will be of interest to this list. Feel free to send any
queries to me directly at [log in to unmask] or

Nancy

***********

SUSTAINING DIGITAL RESOURCES: Business Strategy Course for Digital
Project Leaders

Accepting Applications now for course starting fall 2015

On-site workshop. October 14 – 16, 2015 (Princeton, NJ), with webinars
before and after.

For more info, visit: http://sustainingdigitalresources.org/

This course is like doing a very topic-centric mini business degree
where the subject is your digital project.   —Michael Zentner, Senior
Research Scientist & Entrepreneur in Residence, Network for
Computational Nanotechnology & The Foundry

This field-tested, hands-on approach helps leaders of digital
initiatives plan for their long-term success. From goal setting and
planning to examining the external and internal conditions of a
project, the course walks participants through the process of
developing a sound business case and understanding what makes their
project “tick.”  Whether sustainability for you depends on building
institutional support, driving audience engagement, identifying
revenue sources or all of the above, our expert faculty will introduce
you to a core set of business strategy skills you can immediately
start to apply to your own work.

Presentations, case studies, and hands-on exercises are further
bolstered by small group work, as participants apply these techniques
and get feedback from faculty and fellow participants.

A great opportunity for me to step back and think strategically about
Rotunda’s products and business models within the context of a group
of creative and experienced digital resource development
professionals.  —Mark Saunders, Director & Editor-in-Chief, University
of Virginia Press

Several colleagues at Indiana are working almost exclusively on
digital projects, and I have told them that the skills/habits learned
in this course, as well as the tools, will set them up to make the
difficult but enormously important initial decisions about the scale,
scope, character and even wisdom of embarking on a digital project.
—Julie Bobay, Co-Principal Investigator, Open Folklore Project, and
Executive Associate Dean, Indiana University Bloomington Libraries

Who it’s for

Sustaining Digital Resources is designed for project leaders of
digital initiatives at academic and cultural institutions.
Participants have been from libraries, publishers, scholarly
societies, historical societies, museums and academic departments. All
fields and disciplines are welcome! The program is especially well
suited for project teams with defined digital initiatives, whether at
start-up stage or farther along.

Applications are open now

For more info, visit: http://sustainingdigitalresources.org/

Application is here: http://sustainingdigitalresources.org/application/

The deadline for applications is July 31, though we will start
notifying accepted teams and individuals in June on a rolling basis.

Partial scholarships may be available for those who would otherwise
not be able to attend; please indicate this on the application form.

About the course

Developed over the course of several years as a part of Ithaka S+R’s
Sustainability and Scholarly Communications program, and with grants
from Jisc and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Sustaining Digital
Resources  is now being run independently, with hopes of being…
self-sustaining.  As the program’s creator, I am thrilled to have this
opportunity and even more thrilled to be joined by my colleagues who
have made the course what it is today. Please contact me with any
questions you may have.

With best wishes to all,

Nancy

Nancy Maron