From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:44:37 -0500
From: David Prosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:38:14 +0000

I'm no expert, but a short note I wrote in August for Serials e-news
gives some of the background to this:

http://www.jisc-collections.ac.uk/UKSG/252/Hargreaves-Review-of-Intellectual-Property-a-glimmer-of-hope/

Basically, the UK is in the midst of a copyright review.  What makes
this different to previous review is that it is being explicitly
driven by the innovation agenda and the (coalition) government appears
to be strongly behind the call for change.

David