From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 22:18:12 -0400
From: Wilhelmina Randtke <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 01:08:29 -0500

Sandy,

"The immediate postwar years" was 60 years ago.  It's not as if Kevin
had a say in that.  I doubt even you've been around long enough to
have hurt feelings over it.  That was a long time ago.  No one with
enough clout to have been involved then is still involved in decision
making.  No one's doing penance because all the people involved are
out of the picture.  It's irrellevant.

What exists now is a backwards system where universities subsidize
research, then in copyrights give it away, then buy it back over and
over again.  Keeping it that way doesn't do good for universities.

-Wilhelmina