From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2015 18:51:18 -0400
From: Adam Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 20:15:01 +0000

In re " I am just pointing out that libraries should really stop
claiming that they represent the scholarly community":

It is regrettable that the economics of scholarly publishing have
given rise to the view that librarians are to be regarded primarily as
purchasing agents, buyers, or customers, thus obscuring their active
participation in the world of scholarship.

Adam Siegel
Languages and Literatures Bibliographer
University of California, Davis
Davis  CA  95616