From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:44:00 -0400
From: Gail Clement <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:44:45 +0000

Here is the link to the paper on challenges in reproducing scientific
findings, discussed in the keynote for the 2013 Peer Review Congress.
(Sincere  apologies for typos in my previous posting about this.)

John P. A. Ioannidis , Why Most Published Research Findings Are False,
PLos Medicine, 2(8): e124. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124

http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124

FYI, this excellent meeting focuses on ethical and quality issues in
scientific (mostly biomed) publishing. Lots of evidence-based papers
on various publishing issues. The venue is quadrennial --see you there
in 2017?

Gail Clement