From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:42:39 -0400
From: Oya Rieger <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Dear Colleagues,

In our annual arXiv update, we signaled that there would be some minor
changes to the existing model, including a modest increase to annual
membership fees to accommodate for increasing costs (as the rates have
been flat for the last five years), adding a new top tier for
institutions that are heavy users of arXiv, and using an average based
on the last three-years’ usage in calculating annual tiers.  We are
pleased to present to you the 2018–2022 arXiv sustainability plan,
which aims to inform you of the upcoming changes and provide
information about the state of arXiv:

https://confluence.cornell.edu/display/arxivpub/2018-2022%3A+Sustainability+Plan+for+Classic+arXiv

We are grateful for the assistance of the Member Advisory Board in
reviewing and approving the suggested changes.

In addition to the new FAQ, please see arXiv Membership Program for
additional background information about the arXiv Sustainability
Initiative.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read the new business model.
We are grateful for support from 208 libraries worldwide that enables
the sustainability of arXiv as an essential component of scholarly
communication for many scientists all around the world.

We welcome your questions and comments as we aim to improve the FAQ
accordingly. We will be contacting member libraries and labs in a few
weeks to confirm their anticipated tiers and fees for 2018.

Warm regards,

Oya & Chloe

Oya Y. Rieger | Associate University Librarian |arXiv Program Director
| Scholarly Resources & Preservation Services | Cornell University
Library |

Chloe McLaren | arXiv Membership Program Coordinator| Digital
Scholarship and Preservation Services | Cornell