From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2013 19:05:18 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 16:45:10 +0100

PRESS RELEASE

De Gruyter Signs 10,000 Title eBook Agreement with YBP Library Services
– Agreement to add academic ebook titles to GOBI3 database –

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – March 4, 2013 - De Gruyter, the international
academic publishing house, announced today that it has signed an
agreement with YBP Library Services (YBP), the academic division of
Baker & Taylor, whereby nearly 10,000 titles from De Gruyter’s eBook
program, e-dition, will be made available for purchase through GOBI3
(Global Online Bibliographic Information), YBP’s acquisition and
collection management interface. De Gruyter publishes more than 850
new titles annually in medicine, the humanities, natural sciences and
law, in addition to more than 600 journals and digital media
publications.

“We are delighted to be taking this key step with YBP in making De
Gruyter content and that of our partner publishers easily accessible
to the library market in America and internationally. As the market
for electronic content continues to grow, this capability will become
even more important. We are pleased to partner with YBP for the
benefit of our customers,” said Ben Ashcroft, Director Global Sales at
De Gruyter.

“This partnership continues our long-term strategic initiative to
provide our customers with the broadest possible access to leading
scholarly content,” said Mark Kendall, Senior Vice President of Sales
and Operations at YBP. “Our collaboration with De Gruyter offers our
academic customers the combination of De Gruyter’s highly-respected
and quality content and YBP’s value-added services to libraries and
consortia.”

Through its partnerships with publishers (Böhlau Verlag, Otto Schmidt
Verlag, Detail) and university presses (Harvard University Press)
DeGruyter offers a backlist of more than 60,000 titles, spanning 260
years of publishing history to academic institutions worldwide.

Contact
Ulrike Lippe
Public Relations Manager