From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:16:45 -0400
From: "Frantsvåg Jan Erik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:50:30 +0000

We take the opportunity to remind you of the August 1st deadline for
submitting proposals for presentations and/or posters for the 8th
Munin Conference. If you need more time, please contact us at
[log in to unmask] immediately to discuss an extension to the
deadline.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Tromsø in November!

Best,

Jan Erik

The 8th Munin Conference on Scholarly Publishing 2013 - Entering the Next Stage

The annual Munin Conference at the University of Tromsø will take
place Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th November this year. Our Call for
Presentations and Posters is now out:

http://uit.no/Content/336173/Call_for_presentations_and_posters.pdf

The deadline for abstracts is August 1st.

The sub-title “Entering the Next Stage” reflects that publishing in
the age of the internet is approaching a new phase, with new
possibilities and new demands. This is also the background for our
choice of keynote speakers. Research funders are starting to react,
not least is this reflected in the new EU framework program Horizon
2020. Internet publishing makes it imperative to be conscious about
how content should be licensed, this is beginning to emerge as an
important discussion. And another example of a new phase is the fact
that the humanities and social sciences  increasingly are moving
towards internet publishing and open access.

We are very happy to introduce this year’s keynotes (with preliminary
titles for their talks):

* Jean-François Dechamp, Policy Officer, European Commission: “Horizon
2020 (EU) and open access funder mandates”

* David Prosser, Executive Director of Research Libraries UK:
“Licensing policies”

* Eelco Ferwerda, Director at OAPEN foundation: “Open access in
humanities and social sciences”

The Munin conference is international, and the conference language is
English. We will, though, consider posters in other languages.

We also have a call out for publishers’ presentations:

http://uit.no/Content/336174/Call_for_publishers.pdf

You will find more information about the Munin conference here:
http://www.ub.uit.no/mc8

Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheMuninConference or
Twitter @MuninConf

We are looking forward to seeing you and listening to you in Tromsø in November!

For the Munin Conference Organizing Committee,

Jan Erik Frantsvåg
Open Access adviser
The University Library of Tromsø
phone +47 77 64 49 50