From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:24:58 -0500
From: "Flanders, Jo" <[log in to unmask]>
 Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 23:20:18 +0000

Is it just me or does this collection seem a bit underserved for an
academic collection?  There are many titles included in the
collection, but the titles are more indicative of public library
material. I did not find many titles I would consider important to
have for our university library.  The publication dates also appear
"dated" for quite a few titles, making the information outdated or no
longer relevant.  Frankly,  I do not consider this to be a very
comprehensive collection for the amount of money it will cost.

Jo Flanders
Assistant Professor
E Resource/Serials Librarian
Miller Center Library
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud, Minnesota
320 308 2064

From: Ann Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 07:35:36 -0500

Info courtesy of Gary Price at INFOdocket,

This is a significant e-book aggregation.

offered with unlimited users allowing more users access to each title
in the collection. As with all eBooks available from EBSCO, eBook
Academic Subscription Collection will integrate seamlessly with all
EBSCOhost content. Users will be able to search the collection on its
own or side-by-side with other EBSCOhost databases."

[Clip]

"Libraries are able to purchase titles to add to their permanent
collection. Forthcoming options include the ability to make titles
available via Patron-Driven Acquisition (PDA), to be purchased only
if/when users need them and to lease titles libraries only need for a
short time."

_gary

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Information Industry Analyst
Co-Founder and Editor, INFOdocket.com and FullTextReports.com
Librarian http://INFOdocket.com http://FullTextReports.com