From:
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2012 20:53:27 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:23:00 -0700

This is all very helpful.  And it supports the view that no number
about publishing can be taken at face value.

Now for another number:  Where in the world does that $19 billion
figure for worldwide STM journal sales come from?  That's a huge
number.  What could possibly be in there?  Add up the journals
businesses at Wiley, Elsevier, Springer, T&F--and throw in Kluwer,
Sage, ACS, and some others, and you don't get near that figure, or
near 50% of that figure.

Joe Esposito