From:
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 01:06:11 -0500
From: Kathleen Folger <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 00:05:16 -0500

Wellcome Trust has been doing some analysis of the articles for which
they have paid an APC. There was a blog post discussing what they
found for 2013-14 (see
https://blog.wellcome.ac.uk/2015/03/03/the-reckoning-an-analysis-of-wellcome-trust-open-access-spend-2013-14/)

Of the 2,556 articles for which an APC was paid, 17 were not OA on the
publisher website. Wellcome has other requirements they demand from a
publisher in exchange for the APC--deposit in PubMed Central (PMC) and
attaching a CC-BY license. According to Wellcome, 61% of the articles
for which an APC had been paid in 2013-14 were in full compliance.
But, not being available OA on the publisher website was an issue with
fewer than 1% of the articles.

-Kathleen

Kathleen M. Folger, Electronic Resources Officer
University of Michigan Library
312 Hatcher North
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
V:(734) 764-9375