From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:40:02 -0500
From: "Wise, Alicia (ELS-OXF)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:19:19 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Just a short note to mention that legally enshrined government
mandates create an inflexible framework and of course can only be
changed through law.

I would also like to again offer reassurance that Elsevier values our
on-going dialogue and partnership with NIH, and will continue to
engage closely.  Our two organizations have mutual interests in
advancing scholarly communication and biomedical research.  Elsevier
is keen to work closely with NIH to support its commitment to research
on the cure of human disease and the improvement of public health.

With kind wishes,

Alicia

Dr Alicia Wise
Director of Universal Access
Elsevier I The Boulevard I Langford Lane I Kidlington I Oxford I OX5 1GB