From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2017 18:20:14 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 06:20:32 -0500

Listening to some friends rail about the iniquities of the NY Times
(their position being that the Times's reporting during the U.S.
presidential campaign was so dreadfully biased against Bernie Sanders
that is cost Sanders his "rightful" victory of the Democratic
nomination and hence of the presidency), I said: You will miss the NY
Times when it is gone. As for observing laws we do not like, we will
miss not these specific laws but law itself when it is gone.

Advocating criticism and change is a right and responsibility.
Undermining the legitimacy of institutions is a dangerous business. I
find Kevin Smith's comment and David Prosser's follow-on remark to be
lacking in moral seriousness. The fact that "the other side" is
populated by hoodlums and jerks is irrelevant.

Joe Esposito